Wednesday, May 15, 2013

10 Item Wardrobe

I'm kinda obsessed with the idea having a "uniform" when getting dressed.  This is something that did not appeal to me at all in my younger days.  It sounded so boring and having endless amounts of clothes to choose from every day, to fit whatever mood I was in, was what I was into.  But now, I just don't really want to be bothered.  I don't have the time or inclination to spend all this time thinking about what to wear and finding a place to keep all of it.  I got better stuff to do.  Or at least, other stuff to do.  Don't get me wrong.  I love clothes.  Just in a different way.  So I read this article on Huffington Post a little bit ago and have not stopped thinking about it since.  I'm always trying to whittle down my closet because I really do feel that with less choice it's easier for me to make actually make a choice.  But just as fast as I get rid of clothes, I end up accumulating a bunch more stuff, and most of it not quality, just more quantity. But I never ever thought about whittling it all the way down to 10 pieces!  I'm not even sure I can do that.  But I'm seriously thinking about it.  If not 10, maybe 15 to start with?  It seems like it would make things so much easier.  Instead of 15 dresses and 10 skirts (half of which are cheapos from Forever 21) I would just have 2 or 3 of my favorite dresses to wear.  Easy and done.  And it would also force me to focus more on the quality pieces that I really want to wear over and over.   What do you think?  Could you do it?  Would you want to?


My "uniform" right now is basically stripes.  Striped shirt and jeans, skirt or shorts and flats.  It's insane how many striped tops I own.  Stripes and flats are something I have worn since high school and I don't think it will ever change.  

Image from Breathless, via sanfrancine.com


No comments:

Post a Comment