Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday




Today we are dealing with a post-birthday weekend hangover.  There was Disneyland and presents and pizza and churros and cake and tacos and candy and popcorn and movies and homemade nutella (!) (courtesy of my future sister-in-law) and family dinner and cake and cake and then...more cake.  And yes, my husband and I even bickered over who got the last piece of cake.  Shame.  This morning, my family asked me when I was going to make that cake again.  So, yes, it was a successful cake and a successful birthday celebration.  And I'm glad it's over.  I highly recommend the cake recipe.  Have I talked about this cake enough yet?

Today, I'm thinking of how to recover from all this celebrating.  So I'm sharing two of the recipes I plan on making this week to sort of make it up to our bodies for all the blissful abuse we put it them through this weekend. Before we do it all over again this weekend with Easter candy... and possibly more cake.  Hope you had a great weekend too and here's to a happy and healthy week.

 Recipe Numero Uno:  Martha Stewart's Tilapia and Quinoa with Feta and Cucumber



Recipe Numero Dos: Gwyneth Paltrow's White Bean Soup with Kale





Recipe Numero Uno and image via: Martha Stewart Everyday Food, April 2010. Photo and Recipe via marthastewart.com

Recipe Numero Dos and image via: My Father's Daughter: Easy Recipes Celebrating Family and Togetherness. Photo by Ellen Silverman.

p.s. If you don't already, I recommend signing up for the Everyday Food recipe newsletter.  It's free and there are some great, easy, everyday recipes.  And the Gwyneth Paltrow cookbook is my favorite cookbook and I highly recommend.  This won't be the last time you hear about it from me.  Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment