Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Perfecting the Cat Eye

I have been wearing liquid eyeliner since I was about 14 years old.  I took a few years off after college but otherwise it's been a pretty consistent habit.  After so many years you would think I would have the technique pretty much down but, um, no.  Let's just say I go through a lot of Q-tips each morning before I end up giving up and declaring the lines "even enough".  Liquid eyeliner has made a bit of a comeback lately and there have been quite a few tutorials circulating these web parts teaching us all how to have the perfect cat eye.  Some have involved scotch tape "stencils", using various pencils and liquid liners and liner pots and so on.  Too much effort for me. I'm a lazy make-up kinda girl. But this tippy tip here from The Beauty Department is a keeper. Although I don't think I will ever be able to say goodbye to Q-tips, I have definitely noticed needing fewer of them every morning and "even enough" has become a little more, even.




P.S. The tutorial gives a recommendation for their eyeliner of choice.  Personally, I like the L'Oreal Paris Linuer Instense in Black.   This is the one I've been using since I was 14.  I've tried others, including a few by M.A.C., but to me this the easiest.



How to Draw a Perfect Cat Eye...Everytime via The Beauty Department

Image via glambistro.com






No comments:

Post a Comment