Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Ginger Fried Rice

This Ginger Fried Rice Recipe via The New York Times is a favorite at my house.  My husband requests it all the time and we had it again for dinner last night.  The first time I made it I thought it was just okay but it's one that gets better the more you make it, once you get a feel for it.  I make a few changes to the recipe.  I like veggies in my fried rice so after the leeks are done cooking I add some frozen veggies or left over veggies and cook for a few minutes before adding the rice.  I also make an extra portion of the fried ginger and garlic because Tad always asks for extra.  I also make a scrambled egg for my daughter since she doesn't like fried eggs.  But I think the fried egg is really what makes this so good.  This dish has a lot of flavor and takes just about 20 minutes.  Not bad, right?




Later in the week I use this Crispy Rice recipe From Dinner: A Love Story to make use of the leftover rice.  It's another super easy rice dish and the flavors from the Ginger Fried Rice make it even better, I think.

This is the first time I've mentioned Dinner: A Love Story, so while we are on the subject let me say I love it (the cookbook and the website).  And this right here might be my #1 reason why:



Image via The New York Times





No comments:

Post a Comment