Monday, June 10, 2013

Nifty Nails

I rarely ever get a manicure.  I think I may have had about 4 in my life and they have all been with my best friend on one of our girl dates.  But I do love having brightly colored painted nails.  So I paint my nails fairly often and often Anita's too.  On a side note, can I say, that painting a five year old's nails is a true practice in patience.  Or at least my squirmy five year old.  She begs for her nails to be painted and then can't stand sit still for a single second! But I digress, let's get back to nails. In case, you too like to have the occasional painted nail I thought I would share my tips. 



This clear coat by Rimmel is awesome.  It costs about $4 and really withstands wear and tear.  I can go almost a week without any chips at all.  And that's with multiple beach trips and constantly washing dishes.  Pretty good right?  I've tried others that cost more and they just don't work as well.  

Also, I use these tips for making a manicure last longer from Refinery 29 and they really help.  Particularly I'm talking about "sealing the edge".  That's the kicker. 

Getting a manicure is certainly relaxing (especially without the five year old fidgeting and fussing next to me) but really doing it home costs less and lasts longer.  Can't beat that.

p.s. Really, I love painting my little bird's teeny little nails.  I am lucky, I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment