Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Before I Forget

Anita started Kindergarten this month.  She loves it and is having the best time and I am having so much fun watching her grow and learn to be such a little lady. She is 5!  How the hell do I have a 5 year old?  And on top of that I have a 2.5 year old.  Say what? My baby boy is not so much a baby.  I don't know how these things happen, people.  We were having a conversation about Felix, the not so much of a baby boy, possibly going into pre-school next year.  It's just two mornings a week, but still, this is throwing my mama brain for a loop.  We are pretty certain we are done with the two kiddie pies.  But I'm not gonna lie, sometimes they are just so cute and sweet and darn right edible and my brain wanders into the what-if zone.  What if I just had five more of these awesomely adorable little creatures?  I will also tell you that these moments are often short lived and interrupted by screaming, tantrum filled chaos and me ranting to myself about "too many kids and too many dogs!"  I'm glad I found this article to remind me (in a much calmer manner) of what new babies are really like.  Yes, they are cute and all, but there's a lot more to it.  Don't get me wrong - making babies is awesome and you should do it.  If you want. (Especially if your name is Sara, Diina or Marie.) But I'm pretty sure two kids is our personal sweet spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment