Thursday, May 23, 2013

Lazy Lady Brownies

I love dessert.  That is so true, it's an understatement.  I have it often.  I fight the urge everyday to eat it every second.  Okay, so you understand right?  I love it.  Right now I'm in a gluten free/dairy free/sugar free dessert phase.  Yeah, I go through food phases.  Sometimes I go super healthy and sometimes I just don't want to be bothered, just give me the damn sugar and leave me alone.  Wanna know what's so great about the Trader Joe's Gluten Free Brownie Mix?  It's good for when I'm mixing up my phases.  Like yeah, I want something sweet and not terrible for me but  I'm lazy and don't have the 50 ingredients I need or the 50 hours it takes to bake it.  Enter the TJ's GF Brownie mix.  Add egg and oil (I use grapeseed oil) and voila you have yourself some tasty brownies.  Normally, I steer very clear of any sort of box mix.  I'm a huge snob about it in fact. But the ingredients are few and far between for these brownies. Sugar, Brown Rice Flour, Tapioca Flour, Arrowroot Powder, Sea Salt and Xantham Gum.  Not bad right?  Maybe not sugar free but beggars can't be choosers okay?  I first bought this for Felix's ice cream sundae birthday.  I wanted to have brownies for a topping but I was already baking other treats.  So I took a shortcut here and everyone really liked them.  I've made them about 20 times since.  My favorite is to eat these with some coconut milk ice cream.  Delicious and not that terrible for you.  Win and sorta win.




No comments:

Post a Comment